Friday, April 20, 2012

What's for Dinner - Mexico Resort Food, Day 7



Why to do posts of my dinners? Just for fun... Foodies are interested in what other foodies eat on a regular day-to-day basis. I hope it will satisfy someones curiousity and you'll be returning again and again. I may miss day or two but, in general, l will be making short posts everyday. O yeaa.. also, thanks to my son's gift - Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate cell phone with a great buit-in camera, I can take decent pictures in a breeze no matter where I am at the moment. So, see you tomorrow!


4/20/2012
Mexico Resort Food - Day 7

 

Where?
Cancun all-inclusive resort

Who's the cook?
Some Mexican chef :)


What?

Picture # 1, clock-wise from deviles eggs:
- Devils eggs topped with black caviar (!) and smoked salmon
- Breaded potato croquetts in pear-shape
- Steamed broccoli
- Stewed seafood medley
- Grilled shrimp
- Russian potato salad (like regular potato salad but with peas)
- Surprisingly tasty toasted piece of brioche
- Assorted cold seafood - humangous shrimp, my lovely mussells, cocktail size shrimp.
- Fried tiny pieces of fish and vegetables.

Picture #2:
- Same plate, another view.

Picture #3:
- Same plate, yet another view.

Picture #4:
- Same plate, potato croquette split in half.

Picture #5:
- Beautiful swan made of cream puff pastry (looking better than tasting :().

Picture #6:
- Oops. Our tequila shots (successfully neutralized by great quantity of good food :))

Picture #7:
- "Sacraficio maya" cocktail on-a-rocks. Recommended by my daughter, but I suspect that bartender did not know exect recipe when I ordered that drink. Although whatever he did was awesome drink which inspired me for purchasing the main ingredient - Xtabentun liquor on my way back home, in a duty-free store. Xtabentun is rum based anise and honey liquor. Licorice haters (as myself) - wait a minute - it's a mistery but anise and licorice must be two different things. Turned out my newly aquired love to anise (fennel, anise liquor) lives side-by-side with my hate toward licorise! Mistery... - Hurray! No mistery - anise and licorice are two completely different species! I knew it! I love anise and hate licorice.


Delicious?
Potato croquettes - impressive in look but not tasty. Black caviar did not have that taste I remember from my Soviet's childhood which I actually did not expect to taste anyway - real stuff is way too expensive to be served there. I enjoyed a lot grilled shrimp and huge, cold one, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!