Monday, May 28, 2012

Fried Red Pepper Eggs

Blog's Category: My Staple Food, Perfect Breakfast, My Successes

Source
I grew up in an area of a south Ukraine where fresh vegetables and fruits where the best of quality I ever seen in my life. When I was a teenager I got the simple idea of this dish and since then it is one of my favorite ways of eating eggs.

What it is
It is as simple as it gets - fried red pepper + eggs. It is important to keep its simplicity intact - do not be tempted to add anything else, try it as I suggested and you'll see what I mean.


Taste Description
It is sweet and flavorful thanks to pepper and rich and luscious due to eggs. Red pepper is not exactly my favorite vegetable but in this specific application it's really great.

What I like about this recipe
It's always mouthwatering and awsome looking, and it never fails to satisfy your pickiest taste buds.

Variations
No variations. Period. It will be something else. Just try it as is.

Tips
- Eat it with a crusty country style bread, in a morning, listening birds, with a good cup of coffee on a side, optionally with a lousy conversation with a significant other.
- It is important to cook pepper to that right caramelized condition, no more, no less. I hope I didn't scare you away - it's easy.

Fried Red Pepper Eggs
2 eggs
1 fresh red pepper, thinly sliced
salt
freshly ground black pepper
1-2 tbs light olive oil


- Heat skillet with olive oil and cook pepper until it starts to caramelize and becomes more orange in color with browned up edges.

- Immediately turn heat to its lowest setting. Crack eggs on a top of pepper, sprinkle salt and pepper and let it cook uncovered until whites are cooked but yolks are still runny. Take off the heat and serve with a best bread you can find. I ate my eggs (see picture) with baguette slices toasted with a little cheese - heavenly breakfast! Enjoy!



This is that cup of coffee I have mentioned above...When I'm in a sweet-mode I like my coffee with a spoon of sweetened condensed milk - try it, it has special flavor and taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!