Thursday, April 10, 2014

Almond & Honey Sandwich

If you like light breakfast that would be good match to your morning cup of coffee, this my idea of breakfast sandwich utilizing cinnamon almonds, will certainly draw your attention..

Blog's Category: International, My Own Fast and Easy, My Staple Food, Perfect Breakfast, USSR-era Recipes
 
 

Intro

We change. We develop or degrade (god forbid). So our taste buds, they evolve too. I just remember how weird sounded that staple from my childhood - buttered bread, smudged with a thin layer of honey. Yuck then.. and so yummy now :) That's why I keep offering "weird" food to my kids over and over again in a hope their taste changed. So often it does, and I celebrate mini-winning in a "fight" for better nutrition for my loved ones :)

Anyway, after roasting generous amount of cinnamon & vanilla almonds (see my previous post), I thought what a wonderful use of these almonds would be to sprinkle them on a top of my usual, quicky butter-honey sandwich (when I have fresh and crusty multi-seed bread, I always sneak a way to enjoy it with butter).

It was absolutely enjoyable! My son Dany was impressed as he didn't expect this before-school-gulps to be so good. I make them for him as open-face sandwiches. For myself, for my carry-out-to-work purpose and safer transportation, I stuck my two open-face pieces together creating neat sandwich with a scrumptious filling inside.


What is it?

It's just a sandwich, but it so good that I have to "record" it here :)

 
Taste Description

Very-very delicious. It's essentially a dessert, my kinds of dessert - moderately sweet, with faint butter flavor, wonderfully fused together light honey and cinnamon aromas; with a crunchy/chewy texture; healthy, enjoyable and satisfying.


How to Serve/Store

It's one of the best options for breakfast - fast, nutritious, not heavy but substantial.

 



 
For a 4 open face sandwiches:
  • 4 slices of fresh and crusty multi-seed bread (not toasted)
  • 1 tbs unsalted butter
  • 1 tbs honey (preferably creamy)
  • 2 tbs roasted cinnamon almonds, chopped coarsely
- Really? Directions? Cmon, you know the drill! :))

- Don't forget to enjoy!

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************
IN PICTURES






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!